A sure-fire gift strategy: It always works to give more of what the person already likes. So what better present for the TV watcher than the gift of more TV? You’ll score bonus points by giving DIRECTV because it ranks #1 in customer satisfaction as compared to the largest national cable and satellite TV providers* and offers 99% worry-free signal reliability(Based on a Nationwide Study of Representative cities.)
*2014 American Customer Satisfaction Index.
Here are seven ways to please your favorite binge watcher this holiday season:
1. Listen Up: Ask a gadget-obsessed pal to help you find the newest, coolest surround sound set-up for your TV- obsessed love. Adding high-quality sound to a great HD picture turns your TV room into a movie theater—without the high popcorn prices.
2. Give the Mother Lode: Offer to pay the first year’s bill. Have your friend set up his or her package and you can pay them separately. DIRECTV is the undisputed leader in sports. So if your viewer is into football, there’s NFL SUNDAY TICKET. Hoops? ESPN FULL COURT or NBA LEAGUE PASS. If your NFL fan happens to also be a movie lover, then they should go for the DIRECTV® ULTIMATE Package which includes 2014 and 2015 NFL SUNDAY TICKET at no extra cost and 225+ channels—including 11 premium movie networks.(24-month agreement required. Offers ends 1/5/15. New approved customers only.) One caveat: It may become difficult to get your binger out of the house.
3. More Couch, Less Potato: Consider a monthly subscription to a healthy treat company. There are several that deliver a variety of healthy, yummy snacks (think chili lime pistachios, mango orange fruit chews, BBQ sunflower seeds) to your door.
4. GenieGO: This is manna for the TV-obsessed. Adding a GenieGO™ device to a DIRECTV gift allows you to sync or stream your HD DVR with your cell phone, tablet, PC or Mac and take your recorded programs with you wherever you go. And there’s no Internet connection required to watch.
5. Keep the Peace: How about a pair of state-of-the art bedside headphones for late-night viewing under the covers? Both the viewer and the snoozer benefit.
6. Feed Their Trivia Appetite: Load a couple of free TV-trivia apps onto his or her phone — many of which offer hundreds of questions ranging from classic Eighties-era comedies to veddy English costume dramas. Check the App store for your watcher’s favorites.
7. Keep Them Warm & Cozy: Wrap your watcher in the comfort of a soft, lush couch throw. But remember, not all blankets are created equal. To avoid the itchy factor, go for a thick cotton weave with some heft, a light down, or cashmere.
Not a DIRECTV subscriber? Click here to get our best deal this holiday season.