When the hilarious HBO® comedy Veep returns for Season 4, Selina Meyer (brilliantly played by Julia Louis-Dreyfus) will no longer be the Veep, she’ll be the actual President. While she currently holds the title of POTUS (President of the United States), she’s also campaigning to say there—a move we fully support.
Why? Well, besides the fact that Selina hasn’t been embroiled in an email scandal (yet), we can’t help thinking she’d be an amazing president in real life, too. Here are five reasons we believe she’d be a great Commander-in-Chief —or at least a hilarious one.
1. Because she’s plays politics how you would. Selina may be a politician, but she doesn’t hold back when someone messes up. She refuses to let the small things—like the President’s unflattering jowls—bring her down.
2. Because she knows how to look important. As they say, dress for the job you want. Selina knows the importance of looking important. She can even initiate a fake conversation if she needs to trump a high-tech hipster.
3. Because she knows how to have a good time. In this great clip, Selina doesn’t quite master the English accent, but she does drink plenty of beer in the process.
4. Because she has Gary (played by hysterical Tony Hale) serving as her calendar, Google, and “Wilson the Volleyball.” Everyone needs their own personal Wilson.
5. We hear she’s a pretty good dancer. Or not! But really, do you need to be a good dancer to be president?
Don’t miss Veep returning Sunday, April 12 at 10:30/9:30c on HBO (Ch. 501), and catch up on past episodes now.
Don’t have HBO? Upgrade your package now.